The Ecodesign Preparatory Study on Smart Appliances (Lot 33) analyses the technical, economic, market and societal aspects that are relevant for a broad market introduction of smart appliances.
The study started in September 2014 and deals with Task 1 to 7 of the MEErP methodology:
- Scope, standards and legislation (Task 1, Chapter 1);
- Market analysis (Task 2, Chapter 2);
- User analysis (Task 3, Chapter 3);
- Technical analysis (Task 4, Chapter 4);
- Definition of Base Cases (Task 5, Chapter 5);
- Design options (Task 6, Chapter 6);
- Policy and Scenario analysis (Task 7).
In September 2016, the Phase 2 of the Preparatory Study (or the follow-up study) started. The Phase 2 finished in 2018. During the Phase 2, the Consortium’s main tasks were the extension of the Preparatory Study by the electric vehicle chargers, inclusion of the EEA countries (Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Lichtenstein), and refinement of policy options and the overall Task 7 analysis. Two documents that summarize the findings of the Phase 2 were published on these webpages.
Reports issued for this study are available in the Documents section of this website.